- The Future of Ikaros: A Roadmap by Christian Balkenius. This article summarizes some of the considerations for future versions of Ikaros. The document will be updated as new ideas for future versions come up.
- System-Level Cognitive Modeling with Ikaros by Christian Balkenius, Jan Morén and Birger Johansson. A guide to Ikaros verson 1.0
- An Overview of the Ikaros Project by Christian Balkenius. This article, which was written in 2001, describes the main goals of the project and philosophy behind it.
- Math Performance on a GPU by Christian Balkenius. This short article tests the performance of a GPU on matrix operations.
- The Ikaros Programming Interface by Christian Balkenius. This article describes how the basic function of the Ikaros simulation kernel and the structure of a module.
- How to Write an Ikaros Module by Jan Morén. This tutorial describes the basic steps needed to write a new module for Ikaros and how to install it in the system.
- Timing in Ikaros Christian Balkenius describes how the different forms of timing of modules and connections work in Ikaros.
- Ikaros Data Structures Christian Balkenius describes the different matrix and array data structures in Ikaros.
- Ikaros Math Library Christian Balkenius presents a short introduction to the Ikaros math library which will be available in version 1.0.
- Ikaros Sockets Christian Balkenius presents a few quick examples of the use of the socket functions in Ikaros.
- An Actor-Critic Architecture with Reward and Punishment Stefan Winberg and Christian Balkenius describes an implementation of a reinforcement learning architecture.
- Map-making Robots: A Review of the Occupancy Grid Map Algorithm Rasmus Arnling Bååth describes how grid maps can be implemented in Ikaros.
- Making Predictions with Ikaros Christian Balkenius introduces delayed connections as a method to turn any learning system into a predictor.
- Tracking Colors with Ikaros Christian Balkenius and Birger Johansson describe a number of new modules that can be used to track colored objects.
- Controlling Robot Hands Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius describe three robot hands that are controlled by Ikaros.
- Elastic Template Matching in Outdoor Environments Birger Johansson describes robot experiment with localization baseed on elastic template matching.
- The Brain Database - A Proof of Concept Marie Gustafsson describes a first attempt to use semantic web techniques for validation of computational brain models.
- Modelling Cortical Plasticity after Nerve Injury Magnus Johnsson presents five computational models of reorganization of the somatosensory cortex.
- 3D Interpretation of Edges: Part 1 Stefan Karlsson describes his work on the interpretation of the depth in 3D-images.